In this course, you'll learn the Microsoft Excel 2010 for insurance, master complex functions and save hours and hours of work by using Excel's built-in tools.
I have seen many of my friends working with large amounts of data in Excel and hating their work. You know why? They would rather watch movies and TV shows on Netflix and DSTV at home. Their work is tedious, boring and unchallenging. It takes ages to complete the every day tasks that are given to them. Basically they just go to work 'cos they have to pay their bills. They do their 9 to 5 and nothing more.
That can change! By learning new skills in this course, you won't need to be like them! You can make your work exciting by making Excel sweat for you and make you look professional at the same time. YOU take all the credit. How? Let me tell ya...
By using pivot tables, Excel will do all the hard work for you by organizing the data you give to it in the most accurate and neat way! You will easily see which of your sales representatives is bringing in the most business in the company. By using the Vlookup function, you will match 2 sets of data, fetch the data you are looking for and complete the data you need to work, all accurately and in seconds. By using the IF function, you can have Excel give one answer if data says one thing and automatically give you a different answer if the data changes. It's all done by Excel, as long as you give it the correct instructions on what to do! I will show exactly you how to do all these things (and more) in this course.
Topics in this course include:
- CONCATENATE function.
- IF function.
- TRIM function.
- Create a Vlookup function.
- Create a Pivot table.
- Rules before sorting data.
- Updating charts.
Free Training files are included which you should use to follow along. You may download the training files for free to your computer.
- Take this course in order to let Excel help you by summarizing data accurately and quickly by creating pivot tables.
- By using the Excel 2010 for insurance, you learn how to quickly and efficiently check which of your clients generate the highest gross premium for your business.
- You will impress yourself when you start creating accurate reports, including charts for you to easily make decisions on business.
- You'll make your work more exciting by changing the way you do things from now on. You will no longer have to do things manually. Excel is here to help you: let it!
- You will no longer have to get scared of the complex functions such as IF, VLOOKUP and CONCATENATE. They are your friends, my friend! I'm here to take that fear away from you by helping you understand them and use them to speed up your work and bring back the fun in your work!
- A FREE PDF listing all the Excel 2010 keyboard shortcuts.
- A FREE PDF listing other important Excel 2010 keyboard shortcuts.
- FREE 10 videos (worth $20) showing the top 10 keyboard shortcuts that every Excel user must know.
What are the requirements?
- You will need Excel 2010 or later installed on your computer.
- You should have the basic computer skills.
- You will need to download the training files provided, in order to follow along.
- You should have the basic knowledge of Excel.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Create charts to present data in a more fun and easy-to-understand way
- Review the charts created to check if there are no human errors, to make them more accurate
- Filter data so that you can focus on the most important data and make quicker decisions
- Sort data from A to Z or from Z to A to make its analysis quicker and save valuable time
- Learn how to create one of Excel's most popular and useful tools: Pivot tables
- Create pivot tables and let Excel do all the work for you to summarize data so that you don't spend hours and hours of your time manually organizing data
- Update pivot tables when you data changes and have Excel re-organize your data in a matter of seconds
- Learn how to use probably the most used function in Microsoft Excel, the Vlookup function
- Master the vlookup function to compare two sets of data and look up matching information and let Excel fetch that information for you
- Learn how to handle the vlookup errors and fix them easily
- Master the much talked about and difficult function: the IF function
- Learn how to use the IF function to easily solve every day problems
- Save plenty of your precious time by using the TRIM function to easily shave off your armpits... umm, I meant the extra spaces in data cells
- Learn how to join two cells together into one cell, not by manually typing the contents, but by using the CONCATENATE function
What is the target audience?
- This Advanced Microsoft Excel course is meant for the guys and girls who have the basic and intermediary Excel skills
- This Excel 2010 advanced course is aimed at the dudes who already have the basic computer skills
- If you want to understand the most useful functions used by many Excel users today such as the IF, CONCATENATE and VLOOKUP function, this course is definitely for you!
- If you want to master the creation of charts and want to present data in a friendlier and more presentable way, you should take this course
- This Excel course is meant to help you if you want to save hours of your time and eliminate the possibility of making more human errors when preparing data
- This Excel course for you if you want to solve your reporting problems when preparing the insurance reports such as annual financial statements (AFS), management accounts and statutory reports. But the skills you'll be learning here can be applied in any industry.
- This course is NOT for you if you are just starting out to learn a computer and starting to learn Excel
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7NB3cC3XTFTZ6ww1...
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/104589243313339477909
Take this course now!
Walter Mogane - Trainer and author
As an Excel trainer, I love teaching Excel to students, business men and women or just the guys working for an employer. I emphasize how important it is to apply the Excel knowledge you will have gained in your every day job. That way you truly become more productive.
I have been teaching Excel and other Microsoft suite programs for over 15 years and have received diplomas in Basic, Intermediary and Advanced Microsoft courses. I also received an outstanding achievement award for the Advanced Excel course I completed.
I believe that it is vital that you do the quizzes for each lesson as you progress to test your understanding. If you get some questions incorrect in a quiz, don't worry, just try again until you come right.
You can do the sections in any order you like. I don't believe that you have to do the sections in a forced order. This also is very helpful if you just want to dive into a particular section, without having to do the other sections first. Having said that, I do recommend that you do the sections in the order they are available in the course.
In my spare time I enjoy going to the gym, playing tennis, table tennis, swimming, listening to Rap, Soul and R & B music. Sometimes I just generally enjoy coming up with solutions to some of the world problems. I believe that's my entrepreneurial spirit talking. Oh well... there I said it!
I also enjoy spending time with my family watching family movies although my kids and my loved one always sleep halfway through the movies. So, well, I ended up watching the movies alone. Sniff, sniff!
StartWhat are formulas and functions (3:38)
StartAbout formulas and functions (1:15)
StartRules in creating functions (5:30)
StartSum functions (5:32)
StartDividing multiplying and subtracting (2:51)
StartFormulas using brackets (2:09)
PreviewAverage function (3:20)
StartCount function (4:48)
StartMin and max functions (3:08)
Frequently Asked Questions
*** SPECIAL INTRO PRICES ***
Day 1: $10 (today: 4 Feb 2016)
Day 2: $12
Day 3: $15
Thereafter, the price will go to the normal price of $149.